ntp - The NTP daemon and utilities
||(MIT and BSD and BSD with advertising) and GPLv2
The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is used to synchronize a computer's
time with another reference time source. This package includes ntpd
(a daemon which continuously adjusts system time) and utilities used
to query and configure the ntpd daemon.
Perl scripts ntp-wait and ntptrace are in the ntp-perl package,
ntpdate is in the ntpdate package and sntp is in the sntp package.
The documentation is in the ntp-doc package.
by Miroslav Lichvar (2019-01-11):
- fix CVE-2016-7429 patch to restore default ttl configuration (#1550637)
- fix buffer overflow in parsing of address in ntpq and ntpdc (CVE-2018-12327)
- fix crash in parsing of received address in ntpq (#1616250)
- avoid reading freed memory after disabling netlink socket (#1555401)
- don't disable netlink socket on ENOBUFS error (#1555413)
- replace ntpstat with shell script using ntpq and supporting chrony (#1592871)